Chartwells School Dining ServicesIntroduction to Chartwells
Welcome Back!! Every day Chartwells Dining Services looks forward to providing your child with the healthiest lunch choices available.
The following are a few highlights about the lunch program that we would like to share with you (you may want to be careful about how much of this information you share with your student – if they find out how good it is for them – they may not want to eat it J):
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the food service program, please feel free to contact Ms. Pat Kurczewski, Director of Dining Services, at 609-466-7602 ext 6510, or via email at email@example.com*January 10, 2005 was the start date for our computerized debit card system in the cafeteria. This debit system will replace our old ticket system. Instead of purchasing tickets or paying cash, you may now have your cash/checks deposited into your child’s account!*May 6, 2015 was the first date the mobile app first became available.
- Tony’s Smart Pizza, served in the elementary schools, are made with a whole wheat crust
- In the High School and Middle School we prepare fresh pizzas daily using a whole wheat, bleached (gives it a white appearance) dough with a low fat mozzarella cheese
- All of the chicken served in the district is baked and not fried. The chicken patties and nuggets are made with all white meat chicken. Several of these products are coated with a whole wheat breading
- We offer whole wheat pasta in several varieties i.e. Rotini, spaghetti, ziti, macaroni, and lasagna
- Again this year all schools will be selling only low fat ice cream, frozen fruit bars and 100% fruit juice ices’
- A variety of fresh and canned fruits and vegetables are offered daily. This year we will be offering at least 2 servings of dark green or orange vegetables and fruit on the menu weekly.
- We only offer skim or 1% milk products
- Montgomery School District adheres to the New Jersey State policy of “Offer Verses Serve”; this means that we can make all of these wonderful lunch selections available for your student to choose from, but we can not force any child to take something that they do not want.
The Lunch Menus are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. If you have trouble downloading or viewing these documents, you may need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader browser plug-in from Adobe.com.