2020 Fall Sports Sign-up & Registration Information
In order for your child to be cleared to participate on a sports team, the 3 step process detailed below must be completed.
All team managers and statisticians need to complete steps 1 and 2 only.
** Click here to view a helpful presentation explaining how to fill out sports forms and register for sports at MTSD **
Information on the 3-step registration process for athletics, including physicals and Impact concussion testing, can also be found on the MTSD Athletic Department website.
Step 1 – Physical/Health History Upodate Form: (NEW FOR FALL 2020)
Fall Sports sign-ups with the school nurse will begin Thursday, May 30th. Please ask your child to stop in the nurse’s office to pick up the appropriate form. The school nurse will give your child either the Physical Evaluation Form or the Health History Update Form depending on your child’s last sports physical date.
Completed forms and physicals can be emailed to the MHS or UMS School Nurses or dropped of at the respective schools. GET THEM IN ASAP!!! We cannot guarantee that forms submitted late will be cleared in time for the start of tryouts and practices.
All Physical Evaluation Forms must be reviewed by the school physician per NJ state law for your child to be cleared to participate. Please hand your forms into the nurse by the date listed above to allow enough time for review and processing. Current 6th grade students may hand in completed health forms to the LMS nurse up to the last day of school. After that, the forms must be handed into the UMS nurse. Forms must be submitted directly to the school nurse. Forms are not to be handed into the main office, emailed, faxed or mailed to the school at any time. The health office will deliver the forms to the school physician for review.
The Allergy Action Plan Form is required once per year ONLY if your child’s physician has prescribed an Epi Pen for your child’s allergy. The allergy action plan must be renewed by your physician each school year. Please note that your child will not be allowed to participate in athletics without a completed and updated Allergy Action Plan on file in the nurse’s office.
All forms can be accessed by going to the athletic department’s website at: https://www.mtsd.k12.nj.us/Page/10963
If you have any question concerning the health forms, please contact the following:
MHS Nurses Office – 609-466-7602 x6514 or x6515, UMS Nurses Office – 609-466-7603 x4500
LMS Nurses Office – 609-466-7604 x3500, MHS Athletic Department – 609-466-7602 x6567
Step 2 - Register Online with FamilyID:
Montgomery Athletic Department uses the FamilyID athletic registration program. You must register for a team each sports season. Failure to register each season with FamilyID will prevent your child from being cleared to participate. All sports registrations must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Students are not permitted to register on FamilyID. The FamilyID program does not include the submission of the Physical Evaluation Form, the Health History Update Form or the Allergy Action Plan
FamilyID Registration Process:
A parent/guardian must register by going to the FamilyID link below or the "REGISTER NOW" button below:
Follow these steps:
To find your program, click on the link provided above and click on the green “Programs” button.
- Select the 2020 Fall Athletic Registration link under the word "Programs".
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign-up/Log-in green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Sign Up. Click Log-in, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
- If you have any question concerning the FamilyID registration process, please contact FamilyID support at: 888-800-5583 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Support is available 7 days per week Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:00pm & Sat and Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.
The online ImPACT baseline test is required once a year during your freshman & junior years before the athlete’s first sport. If you are going to be in 10th or 12th grade and this is your first time on a sports team, or you are new to Montgomery High School, you will need to take the baseline test. If you are currently being treated by a doctor for a concussion, do not take the baseline test and see one of the Athletic Trainers ASAP. The ImPACT baseline test information can be accessed by clicking here.
If you have any question concerning the ImPACT test, please contact the following: