Step 1 – Sign-up with the Nurse:
Winter Sports sign-ups with the school nurse will begin the week of Tuesday, October 1st. Please ask your child to stop in the nurse’s office to pick up the appropriate form. The school nurse will give your child either the Physical Evaluation Form or the Health History Update Form depending on your child’s last sports physical date.
Students participating on the Cheer and Dance teams that will be continuing into the winter season must complete steps 1 & 2 and renew your physical if the current physical expires before November 25th, 2019.
All Health forms are due in the nurse’s office by the following dates:
- Ice Hockey - October 25th
- Swimming & Diving - November 1st
- All other MHS & UMS Sports - November 15th
Please do not wait until the due date to hand in your forms. GET THEM IN EARLY!!! We cannot guarantee that forms submitted after the due dates will be cleared in time for the start of tryouts and or practices. For sports that are conducting tryouts, participation is required but does not guarantee a spot on the team.
All Physical Evaluation Forms must be reviewed by the school physician per NJ state law in order for your child to be cleared to participate. Please hand your forms into the nurse by the dates listed above to allow enough time for review and processing. Please do not wait until the due date to hand in your forms. Forms must be submitted directly to the school nurse. Forms are not to be handed into the main office, emailed, faxed or mailed to the school at any time. The health office will deliver the forms to the school physician for review.
The Allergy Action Plan Form is required once per year ONLY if your child’s physician has prescribed an Epi-Pen for your child’s allergy. The allergy action plan must be renewed by your physician each school year. Please note that your child will not be allowed to participate in athletics without a completed and updated Allergy Action Plan on file in the nurse’s office.
All forms can be accessed by going to the athletic department’s website at: https://www.mtsd.k12.nj.us/Page/10963
If you have any question concerning the health forms, please contact the following:
- MHS Nurses Office – 609-466-7602 x6514 or x6515
- UMS Nurses Office – 609-466-7603 x4500
- MHS Athletic Department – 609-466-7602 x6567
Step 2 - Register Online with FamilyID:
Montgomery Athletic Department uses the FamilyID athletic registration program. You must register for a team each sports season. Failure to register each season with FamilyID will prevent your child from being cleared to participate. All sports registrations must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Students are not permitted to register on FamilyID. The FamilyID program does not include the submission of the Physical Evaluation Form, the Health History Update Form or the Allergy Action Plan.
FamilyID sports registration for the 2019-20 Winter season will open on October 1st at 12:00am and will close on November 22nd at 11:55pm for all UMS & MHS Winter sports.
FamilyID Registration Process:
A parent/guardian must register by going to the FamilyID link below or the “REGISTER NOW” button below:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided above and click on the green “Programs” button.
- Select the 2019-20 Winter Athletic Registration link under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign-Up/Log-in green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Sign Up. Click Log-in, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
If you have any question concerning the FamilyID registration process, please contact FamilyID support at: 888-800-5583 x1 or email@example.com. Support is available 7 days per week M-F 8:00am-9:00pm & Sat and Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.