Language ArtsBookFLIXRAZ KIDS
- www.randomhouse.com/seussville/- Dr. Seuss' home page includes printable activities and on-line activites
- http://readwritethink.org/student_mat/index.asp- student on line lessons
- http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/acrostic/ - acrostic poems
- http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/shape/ - shape poems
- http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/comic/index.html. - create your own on-line comic.
- http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/stapleless/index.html - create your own on-line story.
- www.starfall.com- Where children have fun learning to read!
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/razzledazzle/ - online stories and literacy games
- http://www.oswego.org/testprep/ela4/wwwords1.html -This website lets you create "a making words activity" for the students to play on the computer and print out results. It's nicely laid out and fairly simply to follow.
- http://www.webster.comis an amazing place! It's the Merriam Webster site. I've used it with 3rd grade up. It will pronounce words for the students to hear. It is both a dictionary & thesaurus & has bonus features like word of the day, word games. There is a section called the language zone that I found entertaining and educational.
- http://www.visualthesaurus.com/desktop/index.jsp -An interactive site ivisual thesaurus. It has a 3D interactive interface that shows word relations, antonyms, synonyms, definitions, and the words used in context.
- Publishing Opportunities for Students:
Crunch http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/crunch/ShowOff.asp- Are you a writer?A poet? Perhaps you're a top-notch muser. Whatever you are, how about sharing that creative genius on-line.
Kids Online Magazine www.kidsonlinemagazine.com- Click on the "Send Us Your Writing Link".
Stone Soup www.stonesoup.com- This magazine is for young writers and artists. Consider sending your work here.
Word Dance www.worddance.com- Word Dance is a quarterly non-profit creative writing and art publication that is 100% for and by kids (K-8th grade). The magazine contains no advertising and is professionally designed.
Young Writer www.mystworld.com/youngwriter- Young Writer (paper edition) is an international magazine featuring the best in English language creative writing from children aged 5 to 18 from around the world.
Zuzu www.zuzu.org - Click on the "Creative Writing" link to read student stories. Then try to submit your own.
- Tumble Books http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/auto_login.asp?U=mtsd&P=books - collection of audio books for students
- www.wordcentral.com– Merriam-Webster’s site just for you
- http://www.magickeys.com/books/index.html#books - students can read books online
- www.ipl.org - Internet Public Library
- http://ipl.si.umich.edu/div/kidspace/ - KidSpace at the Internet Public Library
- http://www.superkidz.com/authors.html - Write to Authors. This teacher has had students write to authors for the past 8 years, and the authors almost always write or send us something back to the students!
- http://www.abcteach.com/Reading/suess/suesstoc.htm- Dr. Seuss printable booklets and printouts
- http://www.childfun.com/themes/seuss.shtml - Dr. Suess' book activities
- http://www.atozteacherstuff.com/themes/Seuss.shtml - Dr. Seuss Activities
- http://www.nea.org/readacross/ - Dr. Seuss' NEA Read Across America
- http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/seuss.htm - Dr. Seuss Teacher resource page with many links
- http://www.rif.org/readingplanet/ - Reading is Fundamental Reading Planet
- www.literaturecircles.com- Ideas and articles to support your Literature Circles Instruction.
- www.bookhive.org - Children's literature categorized and reviewed by kids
- www.eric-carle.com - Eric Carle's official web site
- www.janbrett.com- Jan Brett's official web site
- www.pilkey.com/index.php - Dav Pilkey's website
- http://www.poetry4kids.com/index.php - Kenn Nesbitt's Poetry Playground
- http://www.storylineonline.net/index2.html - Screen Actors Guild -Storyonline