· Please check your child’s blue folder for homework assignments if/when given.
· Beginning in November/December, children will be taking home “Book Baggies.” Please read the books in the baggie daily. More information will follow.
· Provide experiences- examples trips, playing outside, talking through household activities (cooking, folding laundry, etc).
· Explore when playing outside and gather information from research to answer questions and solve problems (example- you and your child see an orange and black butterfly flying; you do not know the name of the butterfly so you investigate species on the internet)
· Go outside and discuss observations together
-Write a grocery list together
-Sing or chant rhymes
-Informal conversations at dinner time with each other
-Write a story about things you do together
-Write Thank you cards
-Emergent Storybook reading
-Student Portal sites (Raz-Kids, Bookflix, etc.)
-Sort laundry by color and type (pants, shirts, socks)
-Count the amount of steps in your home or the amount of steps it takes to get to the bus stop and then write the number
-Draw a map of your house and discuss the location of each room
-Follow simple recipes while cooking
-Set the dinner table for dinner