PROCEDURES FOR DROP OFF, PARENT PICK-UP, AND VISITING
AM Drop Off (9:20AM - 9:30AM)
There are two possible drop off locations in the morning:
· Parents of first and second grade students should drop students off by using the main parking lot on Orchard Road. Vehicles should enter the lot and follow a counter-clockwise loop leading to the drop off area and then exit. OHES staff will be standing there to greet your child.
· Parents of preschool and Kindergarten students should drop students off by using the entrance to the WEST parking lot on Burnt Hill Road. Drive through the WEST parking lot and follow a counter-clockwise one lane pattern around the circle to drop off your child. OHES staff will be standing there to greet your child. Parking is not available or permitted on this side of the building.
· If you have students in different grade levels that would result in you driving to both drop off areas, we recommend using the preschool and Kindergarten drop off area as this would place your younger child closer to his/her classroom.
AM Parent Pickup (Preschool and Kindergarten only)
· Parents of preschool students should follow the same practice as the AM Drop Off.
· Parents of Kindergarten students should park in the main parking lot on Orchard Road and walk to the main entrance to be buzzed in. Your child will be waiting for you and will need to be signed out.
PM Drop Off (Preschool and Kindergarten only)
· Please park in front of the main entrance in the 10 minute parking spaces and enter through the main entrance by 1:10pm. If your child is unsure about finding their classroom, you must sign in and get a visitor’s badge before escorting them to the room.
PM Parent-Pickup (3:45AM - 4:00PM)
Parents should park in the main parking lot on Orchard Road and enter the east gym doors. Students will be waiting for parents and need to be signed out.
Bus Lane is Closed to All Visitor Parking
Due to safety concerns, the bus lane is closed to all visitor parking during school hours. If you are arriving at OHES to drop your child off late, pick your child up early, or visit the school, please park in the main parking lot on Orchard Road and walk to the main entrance to be buzzed in.
The safety of students is always our greatest concern. Please abide by the rules of the road when visiting Orchard Hill Elementary School.