Department of Special Services Information
- Starting on September 8th, all students in self-contained classes including; LLD and Autism classes will be returning in person, to a five day a week, reduced schedule in their respective buildings. This schedule may alter times a bit due to transportation. All parents have the option to choose fully online instruction.
- All full-day preschool disability classes will run 5 days a week. Tentative times 9:30-1:30.
- Our special education integrated preschool program will run 5 days a week. Tentative times 9:30-11:20 or 11:50-1:30.
- All kindergarten classes will run 5 days a week (2 in-person; 3 virtual). Tentative times 9:30-11:20 or 11:50-1:30. Inclusion students will follow their building’s Monday and Tuesday or Wednesday and Thursday schedule with all virtual on Friday. The hybrid Model of Instruction will include live instruction daily both on-site and in-home or families may choose a fully online instructional model.
- Kindergarten students with a pull-out supplement program will follow either Monday and Tuesday 9:30-1:30 or Wednesday and Thursday 9:30-1:30 with all students virtual on Friday.
- All resource room and inclusion students will follow their buildings on Monday and Tuesday or Wednesday and Thursday and virtual on Friday. The Hybrid Model of Instruction which will include live instruction daily both on-site and in-home or families may choose a fully online instructional model.
With the aim to reduce the number of visitors to the buildings, the district will continue to hold IEP meetings (annual reviews, reevaluation, initial planning meetings, etc…) virtually. Please contact your child’s case manager if you have any questions.
Child Study Team evaluations will resume in person at the beginning of the school year. Evaluations may need to be completed after student dismissal in which arrangements would be made prior to the evaluation with the parents.