- Please click here to bring you to the New Jersey Voter Information Portal where you can register to vote online or print an application to submit by mail. The forms may be obtained from the Division of Elections, Somerset County Board of Elections Office, your Municipal Clerk's office or simply downloaded from this website.
- You must provide an original signature. The form cannot be faxed or electronically submitted.
- You must provide a valid ID in the form of a driver's license number or the last 4 digits of your social security number if you have one.
- You must return the completed form at least 21 days prior to the next election to be eligible to vote in that election.
Mail-In Ballot Voting
- You may now vote by Main-in Ballot for any election. You do not need a reason.
- Please click here to apply for a Mail-in Ballot. You must mail this to the County Clerk's office up to 7 days prior to the election. The County Clerk cannot accept faxed copies or electronic submissions as an original signature is required. You may apply in person at the County Clerk's office up to 3:00 p.m. on the day before the election.
- Once your ballot is voted and sealed, it must be returned to the Somerset County Board of Elections by 8:00 p.m. on the day of the election.
- If you have applied for a Mail-in Ballot and have decided not to vote it and instead vote at the polls, you may now do so. However, you must vote by provisional ballot.
SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION - N.J.S.A. 19:60-7 as amended by P.L. 2013, c.172, states that the deadline for nomination petitions for school board candidates at a November election is on or before 4:00 p.m. of the last Monday in July preceding the November school election. For the November 7, 2023 election, school board candidates must file their nomination petition by Monday, July 31, 2023.
The election for Board of Education candidates will take place in November. Click on the links below to read more information about voter registration and mail-in ballots: