COVID-19 Isolation Protocols
Montgomery Township School District Isolation ProtocolsSeptember 2023The district is committed to in-person learning and has shifted away from a traditional case-investigation model to a “targeted” routine disease control model for contact tracing . This model is in alignment with the CDC and the NJ Department of Health’s guidance and focuses on responses to potential clusters, outbreaks, and evidence of ongoing transmission in a particular setting.
Please review the information below and contact the district’s COVID Coordinator Cory Delgado email@example.com for additional questions.
COVID Positive (regardless of vaccination status)
- Isolate at home for a minimum of 5 full days
- A negative test is not required for return to school or work.
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Students involved in school-sponsored sports who are 12 and older need clearance by their physician, and need to complete a graduated return to play.
Household/ Close Contact of COVID Positive Individual (regardless of vaccination status)
- Do NOT need to quarantine.
- Monitor for symptoms.
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days from last known contact of a positive individual.
COVID Like Illness
- Students and staff should refrain from attending school when sick.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms listed below should consult their healthcare provider (exception- if there is a known prior diagnosis).
- Students or staff exhibiting COVID like illness will be dismissed from school. The student or staff member may return to school if symptoms have resolved and under the following conditions:
- A negative test by a healthcare professional
- A documented alternative diagnosis from a physician (doctor’s note)
- Two (2) negative home tests separated by 48 hours. (Parents or staff will be asked to attest to the negative test results via email to the school nurse). Please DO NOT submit the COVID positive notification form for a negative test result. The form should only be submitted when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID)