What is SEPAG?
- A Special Education Parent Advisory Group, or SEPAG (sea-pag) is a state-mandated, district-level, parent-driven group charged with providing input to the local school district on system-level challenges in special education and related services.
- Just as no two children are identical, no two SEPAGs will be identical. In fact, the rules, and regulations around SEPAGs leave many choices up to each community. This presents both challenges and opportunities.
The Montgomery Special Education Parent Advisory Group (M-SEPAG) exists to ensure that special education students and their parents have the opportunity to share input directly to the school district regarding the policies, services, and practices that impact students with disabilities and their families.
M-SEPAG is committed to a collaborative approach in working with the MTSD Administration to nurture an educational community that embraces the following core values:
- All students deserve the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential. MTSD is a community that should aspire towards excellence and inclusion for every student, including those students with specialized educational support needs.
- Educational excellence should include a proactive approach to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to thrive. Students should not be made to fail to demonstrate that they need additional support.
- The MTSD “Portrait of a Graduate” should not be representative of any single pathway to success. Success should be defined as the outcome(s) most appropriate for each individual student. The emphasis should be on reinforcing students’ individual abilities instead of emphasizing their individual deficits.
Click Here for the SEPAG Parent Input form.
We are asking you to share your top 3 concerns about Montgomery’s Special Education that impact your child’s academic, social and emotional growth by November 8th. The advisory group will discuss this data at our SEPAG meeting to shape them into concrete issues and objectives, and communicate with the administrators and Board of Education to create positive, systemic changes in our district.
Click Here for the SEPAG Survey form. Fill out no later than December 3rd, 2020
Agenda/Meeting MinutesIf you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you,Montgomery SEPAG