Overview This course is a full year Precalculus course, which presents an in-depth examination of analytic trigonometry, trigonometric functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, polynomial and rational functions, and introduction to limits. The intent is to study and apply advanced mathematical topics while developing the student’s abstract and critical thinking skills. A strong background in Honors Algebra II will be required from the beginning of the course, and students will be expected to understand the concepts taught in class, as well as to transfer them to novel applications and problem solving situations. Scientific and graphing calculators are required.
- Three Ring Binder
- Scientific Calculator
- Graphing Calculator (Ti-84 Plus CE Recommended)
- You are not required to bring the textbook to class. If we are using the textbook in class, you will be able to access the online textbook through your device.
- Home access to a Computer/Chrome tablet
- These standards are designed to promote responsibility and encourage the students to seek the appropriate help when they encounter difficulty.
- Hard Copy Textbook: Glencoe Precalculus Student Edition, Common Core Edition, 2014
- https://my.mheducation.com/login- Online Textbook reources ( etext, practice, video tutorials)
- https://classroom.google.com (Classroom materials)
- http://www.khanacademy.org/ (Video Lessons)
- http://www.kutasoftware.com/freemain.html (Free worksheets with Answers)
- https://www.desmos.com/ and https://www.geogebra.org/ (Free online graphers and calculators)
2021 - 2022