AP Calculus AB
Overview AP Calculus AB is a full year course open to students that have successfully completed Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and Precalculus. Students taking this class are expected to have a working understanding of elementary functions including polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, and piecewise defined functions. A review of precalculus topics is covered in a review on the first several days of class. This course introduces the concepts of limits, derivatives, and integrals, emphasizing conceptual understanding, analytical techniques, and numerical techniques. The depth to which these topics will be explored is comparable to that of a first semester college calculus course.
- Three Ring Binder , Shaprened Pencils and Eraser
- Graphing Calculator (Ti-84 Plus CE)
- You are not required to bring the textbook to class. If we are using the textbook in class, you will be able to access the online textbook through your device.
- Home access to a Computer/Chrome tablet
Directions to access the online textbook
- 1. Create an account through cengage by clicking here. Go to New Student and follow the steps to create an account.
- 2. Go to webassign.net by clicking here. In the top right hand corner, click Enter Class Key. Enter the class key that I give you.
- 3. Now, sign into Webassign using the credentials from the Cengage account you created.
- From now on, when you would like to access the online textbook, simply go to Webassign.net
- Stewart, James. Single Variable Calculus. 8th Edition. National Geographic/Cengage Learning. ISBN-10: 1-3O5-26670-6
- https://www.collegeboard.org/ (College Board)
- https://myap.collegeboard.org/login ( AP resources and AP Classroom)
- http://www.khanacademy.org/ (Video Lessons)
- http://www.kutasoftware.com/freemain.html (Free worksheets with Answers)
- These standards are designed to promote responsibility and encourage the students to seek the appropriate help when they encounter difficulty.
2020 - 2021